Business Talent (Migrant) Visa (subclass 132)
There one stream under the Business Talent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 132):
- Significant business history stream: for affluent owners or part owners of a business who want to have a major management role in a new or existing business in Queensland.
132 Significant business history stream (Permanent)
To be considered for Queensland nomination for the Business Talent visa (Significant Business History Stream), you must first meet the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s (DIBP) criteria. Visit the DIBP website for detailed information.
To be considered by Queensland for this stream, you must:
- demonstrate that you have net business and personal assets of at least A$1.5 million to be transferred to Queensland within 2 years of your visa being granted, which includes a minimum of A$1 million for investment into a business and a minimum of A$500,000 for settlement costs
- demonstrate a commitment to Queensland with an intention to reside in Queensland and any additional investments.
To make an appointment with Business and Skilled Migration Queensland, please contact us by phone or email. Appointments must be booked in advance.
- Review the visa conditions and make sure you meet the eligibility criteria on the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) website.
- Make sure you meet Queensland’s nomination criteria.
- Contact Business and Skilled Migration Queensland to discuss your business proposal prior to lodging an Expression for Interest on SkillSelect.
- Lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) through DIBP’s SkillSelect online service. Priority will be given to applicants who select ‘Queensland’ as their nominating State in SkillSelect.
- If you meet Queensland’s eligibility criteria, Business and Skilled Migration Queensland will contact you with instructions on how to provide additional information to finalise your application. A non-refundable application fee must be paid prior to finalising your application.
- If you are nominated by Business and Skilled Migration Queensland, you will receive an invitation from DIBP asking you to lodge an application within 60 days of nomination.
Queensland Criteria Processing Times
A decision on your Queensland nomination will be made with 10 business days of all documents being submitted to BSMQ.
- Fact sheet – 132 Business Talent (Permanent) (subclass 132) visa (PDF, 447KB)
- If you would like to contact Business and Skilled Migration Queensland, please contact us by phone or email.
- Nomination is granted at the discretion of Business and Skilled Migration Queensland and once a decision has been made it is final.
- Migration Review Tribunal: Business and Skilled Migration Queensland does not appeal to the Migration Review Tribunal (MRT) against decisions by DIBP to decline granting a visa to any skilled or business migration applicants nominated by Queensland.
- Applications, processing and visa approvals are wholly administered by the Australian Government through DIBP. Please do not make travel arrangements or changes to your personal situation until DIBP has formally advised the outcome of your application.