This visa allows you to stay in Queensland on a permanent basis if you have a genuine commitment to maintain your business and investment activity. It is only available to those who:
- have fulfilled the requirements of the Investor (Provisional) visa (subclass 165)
- have an overall successful record of business or investment activities; and
- have significant net assets to invest in a designated investment in Queensland Treasury Corporation
State nomination for this visa is managed by the Queensland Government through Business and Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ) in collaboration with the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs.
To be considered for Queensland nomination for this permanent residency visa, you must:
- demonstrate that you have fulfilled the requirements of your State/Territory Sponsored Investor (Provisional) visa (subclass 165)
- provide evidence of residency in Queensland for at least two out of the last four years
- provide proof that you have maintained an investment in the Queensland Treasury Corporation for a minimum of 3 years and 9 months immediately before applying
- demonstrate a genuine ongoing commitment to live and work in Queensland
- apply for nomination directly with Business and Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ) before lodging your visa application to the Department of Home Affairs.
Step 1: Review your eligibility criteria, visa conditions and document checklist on the Department of Home Affairs website and the BSMQ website. Ensure you meet both the Department of Home Affairs criteria and BSMQ criteria and have all your documentation ready before you apply.
Step 2: You must first register your interest by clicking the “Register Now” link below, in order to apply for state nomination.
Step 3: You will then be asked to lodge the following documentation via our document portal. If additional information is required, a BSMQ officer will contact you by phone or e-mail.
- Complete the application form for Queensland State Nomination for the Investor (Residence) (subclass 893) visa
- the Department of Home Affairs form 949
- Copy of your current Australian Visa
- Evidence that you have held a Designated Investment of A$750,000 in Queensland Treasury Corporation for four years
- If your investment has not matured:
- copy of certificate of inscription that was issued at commencement of investment
- If your investment has matured:
- Written or email confirmation from the Queensland Treasury Corporation; OR Bank statements confirming the repayment amount
- Statement of Intent that provides an overview of your business and investment activities in Queensland. This should include business and investment activities in addition to the designated investment undertaken over the preceding four years and intended to be undertaken in the next two years
Step 4: When you have uploaded your documents, you will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee to BSMQ, in order to finalise your application. BSMQ will review your application and may request further information.
Please note: you will be given 14 days to finalise your application from the date of invitation. If you are unable to provide the relevant information within this time frame, you must seek an extension from BSMQ. Applications not finalised within time frames will be closed and applicants will need to submit a new EOI if they wish to re-seek Queensland nomination.
Step 5: Once your completed BSMQ application is received and approved, you will receive a signed copy of the Department of Home Affairs Form 949 to lodge with your visa application. You will be given 12 months to lodge your application with the Department of Home Affairs, however you may lodge this application anytime before your visa expires.