This visa is the second stage application for permanent residency for holders of the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188).
State nomination for this visa is managed by the Queensland Government through Business and Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ) in collaboration with the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
To be considered for Queensland nomination for this permanent residency visa, you must:
- hold a current Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
- have fulfilled the requirements of your provisional visa
- demonstrate you meet the Australian Government DHA criteria for the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888).
- register your application directly with BSMQ.
The eligibility criteria is based on your original visa and Applicants seeking Queensland state nomination must meet the following criteria:
- Provide evidence the designated investment in the Queensland Treasury Corporation Bond has been held for at least four years.
- Provide evidence that you have been in Queensland for at least two of the last four years.
Please note that the DHA has specified on their website:
If you applied for your provisional visa (subclass 188) in the Investor stream prior to 1 July 2015, you are eligible to apply for a subclass 888 visa after holding your provisional visa for 3 years and 11 months. If you applied for your provisional visa after 1 July 2015, you are required to hold your provisional visa for at least 4 years prior to applying for a subclass 888 visa.
To be considered for Queensland nomination:
Step 1: Review your eligibility criteria, visa conditions and document checklist on the DHA website and the BSMQ website. Ensure you meet both the DHA criteria and BSMQ criteria, and have all your documentation ready before you apply.
Step 2: You must first register your interest by clicking the link below in order to apply for state nomination.
Step 3: You will then be asked to lodge the requested documentation:
- Queensland Nomination Application and Declaration Form.
- DHA Form 1414.
- Copy of current Australian visa status.
- Evidence you have held a Designated Investment of A$1,500,000 in Queensland Treasury Corporation for four years.
- If the investment has not matured:
- copy of certificate of inscription that was issued at commencement of investment.
- one page summary statement.
- If the investment has matured:
- written or email confirmation from the Queensland Treasury Corporation; or
- bank statements confirming repayment of amount.
- If the investment has not matured:
- Overview of current and future business/investment activities in Queensland, including activities in addition to the Designated Investment:
- undertaken over the preceding four years; and
- intended to undertaken in the next two years.
- Evidence of Queensland residency e.g. rental agreement, property purchase contract, council rates.
Step 4: When you have uploaded your documents, you will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee to BSMQ, in order to finalise your application. BSMQ will review your application and may request further information.
Please note: you will be given 14 days to finalise your application from the date of invitation. If you are unable to provide the relevant information within this time frame, you must seek an extension from BSMQ. Applications not finalised within time frames will be closed and applicants will need to withdraw and register a new application.
Step 5: Once your completed BSMQ application is received and approved, you will receive a signed copy of the DHA Form 1414 by email to lodge with your visa application. You will be given 90 days to lodge your application with the DHA, however you must lodge your DHA application before your visa expires.