This visa allows you to stay in Queensland on a permanent basis for the purpose of owning and managing a new or existing business. This visa available exclusively to existing holders of the following visas:
- Business Owner (Provisional) visa (subclass 160)
- Business Owner (Provisional) visa (subclass 163)
- Senior Executive (Provisional) visa (subclass 164)
- State/Territory Sponsored Investor (Provisional) visa (subclass 165).
State nomination for this visa is managed by the Queensland Government through Business and Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ) in collaboration with the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs (HA).
To be considered for Queensland nomination for this permanent residency visa, you must:
- demonstrate a genuine and ongoing commitment to work and live in Queensland
- meet the HA criteria for State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner Residence visa (subclass 892)
- provide proof that a minimum of A$500,000 was invested in a main business (or two main businesses) if Queensland nomination for (subclass 163) or (subclass 164) applications was approved after 7 June 2010.
- demonstrate that you were given written approval by BSMQ to change your business from the business approved as part of your (subclass 163) or (subclass 164) application. This approval must have been obtained before proceeding to change your business or prior to lodging your (subclass 892) application.
- apply for nomination directly with BSMQ before lodging your visa application to HA.
Step 1: Review the eligibility criteria, visa conditions and document checklist on the HA website and the BSMQ website. Ensure you meet both the HA criteria and BSMQ criteria, and have all your documentation ready before you apply.
Step 2: You must first register your interest by clicking the link below, in order to apply for state nomination.
Step 3: You will then be asked to lodge the following documentation:
- Business Owner (Permanent) (subclass 892) visa application form
- HA Form 1217
- HA Form 949
- Copy of your current Australian Visa
- All documentation as listed in the checklist provided by the HA in the sections of:
- Business Documents (summary of business activity and organisational chart)
- Net assets of you and/or your spouse
- Taxation (Business Activity Statements)
- Financial Documents
- Evidence of Employees (if applicable)
- Net Assets
Step 4: When you have uploaded your documents, you will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee to BSMQ, in order to finalise your application. BSMQ will review your application and may request further information.
Please note: you will be given 14 days to finalise your application from the date of invitation. If you are unable to provide the relevant information within this time frame, you must seek an extension from BSMQ. Applications not finalised within time frames will be closed and applicants will need to withdraw and submit a new application.
Step 5: Once your completed BSMQ application is received and approved, you will receive a signed copy HA Form 949 by email to lodge with your visa application. You will be given 12 months to lodge your application with HA, however you must lodge your visa application before your current visa expires.