So you have an invitation from BSMQ to submit your documents in support of your Expression of Interest (EOI)?
One of the requirements for skilled migrants is the submission of a commitment statement to work and live in Queensland. This is a statement, written in your own words, of why you want to relocate or continue to live in Queensland. Follow the 3 tips below in order to ensure a successful commitment statement.
1. Before writing your statement, be sure to research the following:
- Towns and regions in Queensland to settle in. And in those regions:
- Health/medical services
- Study/schooling options
- Cost of living
- And other relevant information to your circumstances.
2. We want to see:
- a statement, in your own words, which outlines your personal reasons for wanting to migrate to a chosen region and continue to live in Queensland, including:
- Why Queensland?
- Your preferred town/ region (including a postcode) and why?
- If onshore, your life in Queensland, including work, study, and community involvement
- Any other personal circumstances which are relevant to your application, such as future plans, employment, family, friends and home country situation.
- As a guide, try to keep your statement to less than two pages. Please remember there is no set template on writing a commitment statement.
3. We don’t want to see:
- Copy and pasting information from websites.
- Quoting statistics.