Are you looking for a new career opportunity and lifestyle in Australia?
Business and Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ) believes in giving successful skilled migrants the opportunity to join our community and contribute to our growing economy and great lifestyle. Queensland nominates skilled migrants in occupations that are in demand for both provisional visas and permanent residency, which allows you to live and work in Queensland.
What is state nomination?
State Migration Plans were introduced to allow individual states and territories to sponsor general skilled migration applicants under a broad range of occupations to fill skilled shortages within their local labour markets. The State Migration Plans specify which occupations state and territory governments can nominate applications under and specify the number of visas that will be granted as part of this program.
Who are we?
Business and Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ) is the state nominating body for the Queensland Government and a business unit of Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ). In partnership with the Department of Home Affairs, BSMQ nominates successful skilled and business applicants wanting to establish themselves in Queensland.
Benefits of seeking state nomination
Nomination by the State of Queensland will provide:
- priority processing of your visa with the Department of Home Affairs
- an additional 5 points for a Skilled Nominated (Permanent) visa (subclass 190) towards the Department of Home Affairs points test
- an additional 10 points for a Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) towards the Department of Home Affairs points test
- the same work rights as an Australian citizen. You’ll be an independent migrant not tied to a single employer.
Queensland offers a high standard of living and good working conditions including:
- safe working conditions
- high minimum wages
- entitlements including public holidays and leave.
For tips and recent updates on applying for skilled state nomination, please see our blog page.