Industries in Queensland
Brisbane’s Economic Development Agency reports that key areas of excellence for Brisbane are:
- energy and resources
- environmental sustainability
- construction and infrastructure
- advanced manufacturing and logistics
- digital industries and information communication technology
- food and agribusiness
- medical research.
The largest employment sector in Queensland is healthcare and social assistance. Other key employment sectors include:
- retail trade
- education and training
- accommodation and food services (includes tourism).
You can find more key industries here.
To help build the post-COVID-19 economy in Queensland, the priority industries are:
- beef processing
- mining technology and services
- resource recovery.